Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Coco avant Chanel

After waking up this morning I went downstairs for breakfast. While walking downstairs I saw the mail laying on a table. This time the mail caught my attention; Yes! the new June edition of the glamour was laying on top of everything! I wanted to read it immediately, because on the cover was written: COCO AVANT CHANEL. I knew what that meant, I knew that that is the new film about Coco Chanel and I knew I wanted to see it! I deceided to not open the plastic foil of the magazine and went upstairs to study for my finals. After a while I took a break and started to read the magazine. Turning around the cover I noticed a little black envelope with Chanel Paris written on it. Inside the envelope there was a white card and by opening this card a fan opened. This envelope was a sample of Eau Première by Chanel and believe me, the smell is lovely.



The one thing I really was curious about was the page about the film. After reading everything I was sure I wanted to see the film.
A reason why I'm so excited about this all is because of Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel herself, she always was a mysterious woman to me and so I deceided to read her biography.

While reading her biography a year ago, her life and the way she was inspired me to let everything happen how it should happen but at the same time do I what I really want to do, be whatever I want to be and say and to think whatever I wanted, but all of the previous only works well by having respect for other people. Nobody should be afraid of taking riscs, every mistake teaches to do better next time.

From a little girl living in a orphanage to the elegant and sophisticated woman who invented the 'cardigan jacket' for women and 'le petit robe noir' - the little black dress-. The woman who died 38 years ago but still lives through everydays fashion.



The Film
'' The first biopic about the legendary French fashion designer, “Coco Avant Chanel” movie trailer has finally released.
In an orphanage, silently standing next to a perfectly made bed, is a frail and slender ten year old girl with thick black hair. Gabrielle Chanel, known as Coco, and her many lives. The story of the path taken by Coco from her obscure beginnings to the blinding lights of Paris.
Audrey Tautou stars as Gabrielle Chanel, known as Coco, before she became famous. The film will feature dresses from the Chanel collection. Karl Lagerfeld, art director of the House of Chanel, will supervise the re-creation of costumes and accessories.
The film is directed and written by Anne Fontaine and Camille Fontaine. Also stars Alessandro Nivola, Marie Gillain, Emmanuelle Devos and Benoît Poelvoorde.
''.






No comments: